Eastern Motors - Pushy Salesman Review from Richmond, Virginia

We were helped by a pushy salesman named sameul that kept hitting on my girlfriend. Brakes and wipers were suposto be replaced because they failed inspection even thou it had a new insp sticker. Sameul continues to harass my employer and personal refrences after the lian has gone ti gm finicial. Sameul has also cussed out my girlfriend and hung up on her

Oh no! Please contact us ASAP so we can do whatever we can to assist you. E-mail: customercare@easterns.com / Phone: (888)-535-8151

I recently purchased a vehicle at the Hyattesville location and the sales manager guy was very professional. My wife went over to the Temple Hills location on 7/18/2014 to purchase a vehicle since we live not to far from the dealership.

A salesman named Tony (Anthony) hit on her the whole time, even during the test drive this clown was asking her if he could get to know her better. He also told her that if she was married to him she wouldn't have to be looking for a car.

After speaking with my wife on the phone I went over to the dealership to handle this FAKE THUG SALESMAN but he found out that I was near and left as fast as he could. I was really heated but the sales manager Rozell was a real professional and my wife and I decided to follow through with the purchase only because of Rozell.

Richmond, Virginia

Customer service during and afte car was bought.

I bought an AUDI A4 from the Temple Hills, MD dealership a couple of months ago. While shopping for a car, I was told that I could not use my car as a down payment because the car had been in an accident and they could not give me full value for the car. I did not go out and look at any cars, they pretty much picked the car out for me (1st incident); Then after I finally purchased the car, I asked for a manual several times and was told that it came on a disk. I never did get the manual. Recently someone stole the luggs out of my back tire and it had to be put into the shop. The tow truck needed the tools to lift the car but there were no tools. I called the dealership and he told me that they would order along with the manual. That did not help me at that time and my car was slightly damaged because there were no tools to lift the car with. (2nd incident). I spoke with Audi and they said that the manual is not on a disk as the dealership had explained me and it costs $140.00.(3rd incident). The tools also are not covered under warranty. I would have to pay for that as well. I paid $29998 for this car and that's alot to pay out for such a large price tag. After I bought the car, it was like screw me, I'm just stuck.

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear that you did not have a good car buying experience with us. Please keep in mind that we have been in business for over 30+ years and take our customer service very seriously.

We even have an A+ rating with the BBB. Please contact our Customer Care Team to see if there is anything we can do to better assist you moving forward.

We would love to help! E-mail: customercare@easterns.com / Phone: (888)-535-8151

#1011907

Are you some kind of *** *** or what??

I have just came across your compliant against Eastern Motors, and frankly I don't think you have any justification to complain about not having any tools to jack your car up to replace the wheel that the luggnuts were stolen. First off as a buyer of a new or used vehicle you should always check to see if you have spare tire, jack, and luggnuts bar, that's just 101 basic common sense.

As far as the Owners Manual goes you should have requested that the dealership put your request in

writing for them to purchase you a manual before driving off the lot.

I do not see how this is the company's fault. It seems you brought this on yourself.

You could not get full value for your car - then a)go somewhere else b) you wrecked it that's what happens, value goes down c)Pay it off first.

They pretty much picked out the car for you - Are you an ***? Its your money why let others dictate how you spend it.

Get a clue AND SOME PRIDE and quit expecting others to take care of you.

View more comments (3)
Poughkeepsie, New York

Horrible experience

They are a complete rip off! The people that give them all this praise and good standards must have excellent credit because the ones who have not so good credit gets screwed in deals you can not get out of so easily! I would not recommended EASTERN'S or go back there again. I'm now stuck with a car that I can not get rid of!! I hate that I have to write a complaint about this coming but people need to know the truth about these car dealers and not just the good in them. Im a mother trying to make a way for her kids and the last thing I need to be locked in a over bearing contract that will last for years! Its down right manslaughter and I know everyone at EASTERN'S are sleeping nice and warm and comfortable at night with no regret or conscious.

We would love to address your concerns regarding your visit. Please contact our Customer Care Team to see if there is anything we can do to better assist you moving forward. E-mail: customercare@easterns.com / Phone: (888)-535-8151

For real class action is needed and will look I to this

#1011910

Yup when you *** the man and don't pay your bills guess what, the get you and you find yourselves in these ridiculous situations. Cry to NoBoma and he can take care of it for you too!!

People run into tuff situations like divorce which blemishes their credit, don't judge Fin...Eastern should not act like they help people with bad credit with good jobs, they only make situations worse by selling lemons with high interest rates.

People with good credit always get good deals. That is why people need to watch their credit.

Life with good credit is much better than without good credit. Credit needs to be taught to everyone in high school.

I purchased a explorer found out this car was resold 3 times at auction to a rebuilder bad damages car was not right would shut off when driving , cant get out of it would not do repurchase run from these guys, I am also stuck

That's because you have bad credit therefore you do not get the same treatment as customers with good credit

@PissedConsumer866115

Hit the nail right on the head

View more comments (7)
Youngsville, Louisiana

Denied

At eastern motors, your job is not your credit. I went in with 6 months worth of pay stubs showing my income of over 4,000 dollars a month. I also had a trade-in. I was denied due to a charge-off on my credit. One year later, they called me back and asked if I was...

View more comments
Alexandria, Virginia
Loss

Bought a very over priced car that was I was lied to about!

Bought a car that was a 2006 - that was clearly not inspected. The car would not start after I bought it and brought it. Later to find out 4 months later the car facts about the car they gave me was also biogas ! They said that the car had no prior accidents ,or body damage , found a crack on the rt side of my car that I had looked at and the whole rt back panel has putty. I went to the laurel eastern and buyers beware, if you feel the need to get riped off , bend over, they took full advantage of me for being a single female. Bought a car valued at 8,000. And they charged me 17,000. Rape! Thanks Vinny

Same here

#1011914

*** you got GOT Dummy!

Santa Ana, California

Administrative Assistant

I called Eastern Motors 7/11/13, around 3pm, in Temple Hills, Md. and asked for a manager by name. The young female person answered the phone, sounding rushed, and asked a question to which I asked for the manager and was hung up on. She picked up the phone and hung it up. She is very rude and I've had another similar incident trying to get through to someone at Easterns once before. I am sure there is someone in the DC metro area that need a job. She apparently is not in need to have a job dealing with the public and have an attitude like that.

Washington, District Of Columbia

The Sales Team are Bullies!!!

Unfortunally due to an hit and run accident I was forced to have to find a new car. My credit isn't the greatest due to medical issues so someone told me to try them that they have seen the advertisements that they are able to help someone with my credit challenges. Upon my arrival I was greeted with one of the salesmen and asked to park my rental vehicle somewhere else due to the cars coming into that area. He greeted me once again on the other side and ushered me inside and immediately started entering information into the computer and making up a folder. I let him know I was on a short time and needed to see the vehicles and drive them to determine what would be a fit for me. He told me they have over 1,000 vehicles and he had the car for me. He asked me questions of what I was looking for and I gave him qualities I look for in a vehicle and he said he knew the perfect car for me. I let him know I am very choosy when it comes to my vehicle. He kept saying he understood. Once again I let him know I just needed to see the cars and drive them. He said we would do that in a few minutes but he needed to get some information first because they qualify you first to determine what price range you would be comfortable with so they could show you cars in that range and then he would take me to see the cars and I could drive all the vehicles I wanted so I went along with it. All the while he is telling about his personal history of him dating a woman from PA but they broke up because she couldn't have kids and that he's now in a relationship and is so happy and has a son. What did that have to do with me buying a car? He kept asking me questions and gathering information and said he needed to have his manager check it all out and then he would take me to drive some cars. After sitting there for a long time listening to his stories of his ex and him his manager Vinny came over and told me due to my credit challenges that they could get me approved but I would be looking at payments around 400 per month and they would need a down payment. He asked what I could do for a down payment and I let him know what I had coming back from my car. But I also let him know I was not comfortable with that monthly price and that I had not even gotten to drive any cars so how could they tell me what I would be paying per month without knowing what I even wanted or the price of it. I told him I would have the down payment coming back to me from my car being totalled. He said he would work more with the bank and see what they could do for payments. I once again told them I came in there to test drive some cars and I wasn't ready to go through the whole process. It took a lot of complaining before they finally let me test drive A CAR!! I didn't even get to look at cars and choose what I wanted to drive. After driving the car they ushered me back inside where they still proceeded to let me know the bank needed a second pay stub and they wanted me to put the down payment on a credit card that day to show I was a serious buyer. I once again told them due to my car being totalled by someone else I was on a short time frame to get a car and that as of yet I still didn't have the money from the insurance company but I needed to see cars and drive them to know what I wanted so as soon as I do get the insurance money I can just go buy what I want. They tried to tell me the bank wouldn't wait for me and I needed to put it on my card today and if I didn't they couldn't guarantee the car would be there when I came back and we would have to start the credit approval all over again. Vinny once again came over and told me that without putting down the money right then and there they couldn't go any further with me that day. I let them know they wasted my whole afternoon for being able to actually test drive cars and to find something that I wanted and not something they wanted to put me in. I got up and walked out and the salesman followed after me trying to tell me to come back once I got the insurance money and he would let me drive the cars I choose. I once again told him he knew what I wanted to do when I walked in there and he wasted 4 hours of my afternoon of being able to do what I NEEDED TO DO. I also let him know I work at a very busy business and by the time I get out of work it is late so that day was the only day I really had to look at vehicles. He promised that he would do whatever it took to early my business and even said for me he would bring the cars to my work for me to drive and bring the paperwork to me. But once again I had to let him know I don't have time during my work schedule to keep running out to test drive cars and do paperwork when I am working. He kept trying to convince me to work with him and I let him know once again he wasted my time and I needed to do what I have to do. In his pleading he kept telling me not to go anywhere else and get my credit run because I would be denied and then their banks would deny me to because I had my credit run from someone else. I told him I had to do what I have to do and he finally said he had a customer there and had to take care of them. About an hour later the salesman called me on my cell and was still telling me don't have my credit run anywhere else and he will find me what I want and work with me on seeing the cars. I just told him he should have been doing that all afternoon and hung up the phone. I felt very bullied during the whole process and was not pleased on how they do business and in a way I felt very discriminated against because my credit isn't perfect. Therefore I would not recommend them to anyone. I would tell anyone and everyone to stay as far away from there as possible. Lesson learned!!!

Don't give any info other than your driver license, which they will need for the test drive. Don't tell the story of the totaled car, etc.

Don't discuss payment info. You must remain in charge as the customer. Walk in, let them know what type of car you are interested in, look around, test drive.

After that you can talk figures. If you feel pressured - walk out and don't look back.

Waynesboro, Pennsylvania

*** *** Artists all the way!!!!!

A couple of weeks ago, I received a letter from Capitol One pre-approving me for a car loan through Eastern Motors; I decided to take chance and go look. The staff was friendly (so I thought) and they asked me questions about my situation which I thought they actually cared. I got to test drive a car, but not the one I wanted, but it was OK, they found the one I wanted at another store and was going to have it delivered. I was still pleased thinking these were the best car salespeople I've every had; until their BS started. First, they asked me to bring just the letter Capitol One sent me, a recent pay stub, and a utility bill or bank statement. That's also BS, because they then needed my tax information for 2011 and 2012. Second, they said the bank wouldn't approve me without a co-signer; that should have been my first red flag, because wasn't I already pre-approved by the bank? And then they asked my Dad to co-sign for me because apparently, with all my tax information in front of them showing how much I make a year, it still wasn't enough. My father signed but asked, "How much is the car?". They wouldn't answer the question. Mind you, he and I asked the question, 5 or 6 times and they basically would change the subject. Finally, after 5 hours of this BS, I was tired, needing my medicine, and all I wanted to do is go home. The car I wanted finally arrived and then we were told how much the car costs. We were taken into another room to sign papers. The Financial Officer had the nastiest attitude when we would asked her questions about the financing. We just signed so we could get the *** out of there. I get home and talk to my Brother-In-Law about what I'm paying per month and he thought it was ridiculous. He said I should take the car back and keep looking. Well upon looking for their Return Policy, it turns out that they don't have one. You can exchange the car within 48 hours but you can't return it, so basically I'm screwed. BOTTOM LINE: BEWARE! DON'T LET THESE *** OFFS *** YOU AROUND!

Service
Eastern Motors Loan

Outraged!!!

Eastern's on St. Barnabas Rd. sucks major a#$!!! I had to deal with these incompetent people who don't provide you with the appropriate information about vehicles, the process, or the financing because of credit issue. I expected to have to go through some extra *** because of that, so I didn't complain when I had to sit in the dealership until midnight waiting for them to finish my deal. Nor did I complain, when I had to come back the next day because they needed to make some changes, or the next week because they needed more documentation. But I lost it the week after that when there was an issue with the lender causing me to have to come re-do the deal all over! Finally got all that squared away and a month has gone by, and I get a notice from MVA that they are suspending my tags because Eastern's did't provide the appropriate information, nor did they tell me that I should provide MVA with a letter from the garage where my old car was junked when Eastern's was supposedly transferring my tags! Honestly, just because I had some credit issues that does't give anyone the right to abuse me! Their incompetence is criminal!!!

Washington, District Of Columbia

Horrible Experience

I've purchased 3 cars in 5 years a total of $60k spent at Easterns. I asked for a replacement tire for one that was overly worn. The lender "Vinny" stated he would not replace the tire and that I could leave if I wasn't happy. Basically he was willing to lose a $23k sale over a tire. The store manager approved a new tire. They gave my personal information to another lender who continues to call my phone. They never called me to repair the tire and they missed a step in the gap signature process resulting in us not having gap insurance. Now two weeks later, no follow up I reached out to the store to ask for all new tires because after further review none are in good shape. Basically I was told to go screw myself. Including this car I've spent about 83K at Easterns. Clearly there doing so well they don't need my business...

i cant believe our washington redskins keep making commercials for these local theives!!!

@PissedConsumer610870

THATS WHY WE HAVE SUCH A RECORD THEY ARE BEING CURSED FOR ASSOICIATING WITH SUCH A COMPANY .

Laurel, Maryland

Very Pissed The F$%k Off

I brought a car from Easters in July 2012, got the carfax report and it stated no accidents. Well after the 30 day warranty was over the headlights stopped working (this is a mercedes benz) I went to a mercedes auto shop and was told the car had been in an accident and it would cost $3000 to fix. Called easterns who told me to contact carfax for the buyback program and carfax and easterns said they are not responsible. I will never recommend them to anyone and will tell everyone not to buy from them. They suck big time.

LMAO.....LOLOLOLOL @ "told me to contact carfax for the buyback program". When your dumb *** called did they buy it back? lol

Ashburn, Virginia

At Eastern Motors Your Job's Your Credit

Bull *&%$ - your credit is your credit. Not to mention they boast about "one ownership" - yeah, the rental company and the hundreds of drivers that have driven that rental. YES - they mostly sell rental cars. Ever notice none or very few have sun roofs? So here's the deal - save our money and go somehwere where you at least know only a family of drivers (at most) have possibly been the only drivers of the vehicle. Eastern's cars are like that special somebody you met - only problem is - unless yo really know that person's background/history, you're probably getting ready to sleep with everyone they have slept with.

Completely agree... I found out the hard way that my 2014 Ford Fusion (that I bought in 2015 with 36,000 miles...

That should have been my first clue because the ford warranty was 3 years or $35,000 miles) so the warranty was no longer good on it... But I started having problems about 4 months after I bought it...

As I was trying to set up the sync stuff, I saw the previous owners info n it was a car wash in Virginia... They used my car as a loaner when the clients car was being washed

And the Washington Redskins dance to their music because how many of them get their cars from eastern Motors? :roll Have you seen their cars!!! Enough said.

Warminster, Pennsylvania

Eastern motors! SUCKS!

My very first car! Felt like a dream walking into Easter Motors in Baltimore, MD on rt40 east.. I took all the money I had 5000 and they thought they could put me in any car they chose. I only wanted a 25,000 car but they continued to try to sale me a car for 35,000 I still don't understand how I got approved for so much. After i got the car I wanted it actually broke sown within 200 miles of me driving it. The sales man tells me my car will be finish gettin worked on the same day. They tell me its ready I go all the way there and its not. They decided to put me in a rental car. What was actually a car they are tryin to sale. The lowest grade car on the lot a 9000 car. After i purchased a 30000 car and it broke down on me.

Set out to purchase a 2008 lexus 250 IS.Talked to a salesman on a tuesday about coming in the following saturday.Well the car that had been

priced at $19,991 on Tuesday....by Thursday of the same week jumped to $28,300.They lied and said they had never advertised the car for such a price.Well I have proof that they did, infact the $19,991 was advertised negotiable at that.

They just decided not to honor what they advertised for.Buyer beware!!!Very unethical

dealership.This just happened April 18th,2012.

Houston, Texas
Loss

CarFax provided after the sale!!

I went to Easterns from WV, just like another issue, when I get there the car I picked out online was not there. I called 20 minutes out from Easterns, they even still said they had the car. Ok, I get there the car I selected was not there, Strike one! So after screwing around with these unprofessionals they brought another vehicle, said we can get you in this one. I drive it, ask for the carfax, they had computer problems. I agree to purchase this vehicle, drive it home. I continue to bug them about this carfax, finally I get it with a 25.Dollar gift card from Red Lobster, so nice. But guess what, the vehicle had been in two accidents, towed from the second accident. I have tried to trade the vehicle off on another, no dealer wants to touch it! Trust me this isn't over!

Rochester, New York

I AM A UNSATISFIED ST.BARNABAS RD.MD. EASTERN MOTORS CAR PURCHASER

I WAS READY TO PURCHASED A CAR.THE SALEMAN PRESSED ME TO PURCHASE SOMTHING.BUT I DIDNT.HE CALLED THE NEXT DAY..LIKE COME SEE THIS ONE,,THIS YOUR CAR.I LIKE IT HE SOLD ME. 2 WEEKS LATER THE CAR STARTED JURKIN&SLOWING DOWN BY ITSELF."LIKE" REALLY I WAS PATTING THE GAS AND THERE WAS NOOOO RPM'S.THEY TRYING TO TELL ME IT COMES FROM MY GAS CAP NOT BEING ON TIGHT.HUH RIGHT.THEY SENT ME TO DARCAR THEY SAID IT THE CRANK SHAFT SENCER...Hmmm!THEY FIXED IT.EASERNS PAID THE BILL "GUILTY CONCOIUS"maybe .NOT THE END YET!THE CAR NEVER LEFT THE SHOP,BECAUSE WHEN MACHANIC'S WAS BRINGING THE CAR AROUND IT STARTED DOING SOMETHING (1STWK) IN SHOP.SO THEY SAID IT NEEDED REPROGRAMING.(2ND WEEK)IN SHOP.OK IM DRIVIN HOME FROM WORK 9pm. AND THEN JURKING & stagering starts.I'm like hmm "grrrr".SO NOW THE CAR IS WHERE/?U KNOW..YUUP!THE SHOP.NOW ITS THE THROTTLE SOMTHING.(3RD WK)IN THE SHOP.THE ICING ON THIS BIG PRETTY CAKE IS ......... CAR PAYMENT DO! SUGESTIONS PLEASE ANYONE

@Human

The salesmen at Eastern's can't speak proper engligh as well.

They took advantage of you because you cannot speak english properly.

@PissedConsumer450144