Hyattsville, Maryland
1K views 2 comments

After contacting "James" I was told to goto the Hyattsville location.Which I did to "see" the car I was interested in purchasing.

After two opportunities...(waiting on the vehicle to be transferred from another location) and sitting with my sales person...he attempted to run a credit application twice. Why? Have I agreed to a vehicle or better yet driven the vehicle in question? NO...how did we get to this point?

I heard they will run your application to numerous banks (dropping your score and raising the APR).NO KEEN ON THIS GROUP

Review about: Eastern Motors Staff.

1.5
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Eastern Motors?

Comments

Wow

Credit report scores don't work that way. Multiple credit applications for rate shopping for the same purpose over a short period of time (a week or so) are counted as one check and shouldn't drop your score or at most by a couple points. It is repeated credit applications over a period of time that will drop your score by a few points - still much less than actual credit issues such as being 30, 60, or 90 days late on debt payments or in debt by a significant portion of your available credit or other items that your credit report should list for you as the largest factors.