map-marker Hagerstown, Maryland

Cash down payment was never returned!

brought a Dodge Charger in 2019. They gave me the car fax report. With NO accidents. After driving the car for 18 days, the car took me on a tailspin to where I was facing ongoing traffic on the hwy. I took the car to a Mechanic. He then pointed out that the car had been in an accident. I then took the car back to Eastern Motors for my refund. Which I put $ Never got my refund because I wouldn't buy another car from them. My son wants a car from them now, no one knows about...I still have the paperwork! $1495.00

User's recommendation: Watch out!!

easternmotors

We would love to address your concerns regarding your visit. Please contact our Customer Care Team to see if there is anything we can do to better assist you moving forward. E-mail: customercare@easterns.com / Phone: (877)-927-5004

Vicki L Dhi
map-marker Upper Marlboro, Maryland

Lackof Professionalism

My daughter and I brought a car from Eastern Motor's two years ago. The Car ended in an accident and was a total loss. Since then we have had multiple problems with getting Eastern Motors to submit the required documents to Gap Insurance so that all matters can be resolved. Should we not hear something soon I will be force to contact the Better Business Bureau.
Loss:

Preferred solution: Send requested documents to the to Gap Insurance so the order for the total loss car can be closed out.

Haokhongam

Reporting a complaint

Original review Sep 15, 2021
I have purchased a Car on 19Dec2020 And I have received sms for my car number on 23rd Jan 2021. And on 30th Aug I was called for fixing number plate but when I went to Easter motors, the service man said the plate was missing. Travelling 70kms sparing precious hours and just ignoring us by saying sorry and missing the plate? Is is a way of treating customer? Very sorry to say that I regreat buying a car in eastern motors. It's been 9months and no plate number and no smart card registration till now!!!!

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Make sure to value customers time. And never neglect them after calling them. Cos you cannot make time. Don't waste customer time. Thank you

Maryland Xaq

| map-marker Manassas, Virginia

To follow up with my issues

I do have issues with my car service contract trying to contact corporate office not a single number is working or answering, I have this issues since I bought the car back in October last year

Maryland Xaq

| map-marker Manassas, Virginia

Issues with vehicle service contrac that you sell to me when i bought the car

About my car service contract
Donna M Owa
map-marker District 15, Maryland

Questionable

Well, first of all I found that you just can not browse the car lot without giving all of your information first, which should have been a sign. But I trusted the guy and said okay, I will give you my information, which turn into a 4 hour question and answer session; (which is probably their strategy to Hook you; because if you give so much info you figure you might as well continue.) Well then this turned into coming back the next day, after being told okay we can work something out, but you need a co-signer (ok..my husband); then (mind you my husband worked all night and we were there from 10:30am to 6/7pm. Now we were not told we had to wait for the shipment of cars to come from Virginia (we would have left and came back because my husband need to sleep before his next shift; our leg just kept being pulled like something was going to happen sooner then later.) {this led to my husband not working his shift...he is a nurse and does work through an agency sometime. So he missed that shift that night and they Agency cancelled him for the next day because he didn't make the night before..... he lost approximately $1000.00 dollars, because we were dragged on to believe something was going to happen soon. I am just baffled at the fact that with all the cars on the lot and with our credit (no so good) there was absolutely nothing on the lot we could afford. Especially with a $1800.00 down payment and monthly cost of $446/month car payment. We did get a car (SUV), but we spent so much time there by that time all we wanted was to leave with a car. Needless to say I will not be recommending anyone to this dealer ship because there was no truthfullness from the time I walked through the door. Initially all I wanted to do was browse. I am glad I have a car, but I didn't expect to give my blood too.
long process

Darlene T Iax

Vehicle conditions

So, I purchased a pre-owned vehicle from Eastern Motors at the Hyattsville location. Not even 2500 miles after purchasing the vehicle, my rear brakes and rotors are in need of replacement. How can that be if this vehicle passed inspection which leads me to believe the brakes were bad for the start. To add insult to injury, I tried calling and emailing the salesperson, Sean and he did not respond to me, so I decided to stop by the showroom. And of course he was busy trying to sell someone a vehicle, so I had to talk with one of the Finance Managers. They are eager to sell you vehicles but they do not want to deal with you on the real when there is an issue. Very disappointed that a recently purchased vehicle with less than 3,000 miles later and have the expense of replacing rotors and brakes. I have purchased pre-own vehicles before from Carmax and never had these issues. Eastern Motors NEVER again!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor customer service and satisfaction

map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

Unacceptable

Not just the worst car-buying experience I've ever had but the worst experience buying anything ever. I was an out-of-state buyer, relying upon the honesty of a licensed car dealer to accurately represent the vehicle they were selling. This is something I've done successfully with other dealers. The car was marketed with functioning bluetooth and nav, neither of which it had. When the car arrived to me, it had a flat tire, a malfunctioning water pump, a malfunctioning coolant pipe, issues with the valves, windows that wouldn't come up after they were lowered, a bad brake line, completely shot brake pads and rotors, rust on the rotors, and the aforementioned issues with bluetooth and nav. I submitted inquiry after inquiry to Easterns with no response. I even called the owner and left him several voice messages. Cowardly, he returned none. My sales person, Diego Hernandez, vanished. His backup, Nik, vanished. I was left to deal with the branch manager - Sajjad Ali (who would later try to settle with me not to file a lawsuit). No one offered any assistance or explanation for weeks. Weak expressions of sympathy with zero solutions or accountability. Finally, after forcing me to take the car to a Porsche dealer to verify I was telling the truth (boy, that was an interesting turn), they admitted to the bluetooth and the nav items being erroneously advertised. They offered me $700 for their "mistake" but would only provide the $700 to me if I signed an "acknowledgement of goodwill service" that released them of any liability or claim for anything else having to do with the car. That's not goodwill. That's something else entirely and certainly not the hallmark of a reputable company. By the way, if you don't do anything wrong, you don't need a letter insulating you from your wrongdoing. AFTER coming to final terms with a signed bill of sale, they came back to me weeks later and said they "miscalculated" the sales tax and I owed them another $787 in order to receive title. This is long after I had taken delivery of a defective car and they failed to remedy any of the broken items. Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that I purchased the car in April. By August, they still hadn't gotten my tag (which I paid for in April). They repeatedly blamed the issue on my county and USAA (my insurance provider). Pretty sure when it comes to USAA vs Easterns Automotive, I'll take USAA's word. So, I finally told Victoria in their tag department (I use the label loosely since they farm it out to another incompetent third party) to refund the taxes and I went to get the tag myself. Took 15 minutes at my local tag office. I did in 15 minutes what they couldn't do in 4 months. Everything was simple. Insurance was on file and in place. Naturally, I incurred a $1,000 late tag penalty, thanks again to Easterns Automotive. In no uncertain terms, let me be clear - this is the worst possible dealership to buy your car from in the country and probably on the planet. Do yourself a favor and run - very fast - in the opposite direction.
Bad quality
Guest

I have read so MANY horror stories about this "so-called dealership" over the years and I simply can't understand why they haven't been SHUT DOWN in all of this time?! Their practices border on "scam-ism" and it's dirty pool wreaking with lies to unsuspecting hardworking people who need just a little help..

Dametrice J

My REFUND!!!!

I have been waiting for my gap refund since May 2019. I provided all documents necessary and was told I would be getting a refund. Here it is.....MONTHS later and still no check or update on my refund. I keep getting the run around about calling the corporate office but no LUCK getting through to the warranty department. This has been the WORST experience EVER!!!!

Preferred solution: Full refund

vtran1001

| map-marker District 6 Spauldings, Maryland

*** JT

I came in to purchase a car with my wife a month ago. They used all sorts of numbers to scam me into buying a car. The warranty ended up being a scam despite the contract saying otherwise.

The general manager offered me a job as a salesman. I came in for two interviews where the manager did not fully seem that he wanted to hire me. He tried to make me come in for a non existent third interview. A couple weeks later I come back and JT spits trash in my face. He tells me I should be mopping a floor because I didnt show up to said interview. I kept calling back after the two interviews and no one ever got back to me.

And now the dealer is trying to withold my hard tags. I already reached out to the DC DMV and they confirmed that my hard tags shouldve been given to me. Such a scam. *** JT and his cronies.

As a former USAF sergeant and former police officer, I will sue regardless of the contract if I do not receive my hard tags and my warranties I *** paid for.

$2000
Cons:
  • False advertisement
  • Untrustworthy
  • Cannot take criticism
Not as described/ advertised

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Guest

DMV are into tormenting their customers for amusement. Dont go to Benning Rd.

The only nice ratings are fake ones. Been there several times. Always extremely nasty and whatever you show them they act like its not going to meet the checklist. Even if you folliw the checklist they act like your document is not goid enough.

If you question their rudeness they tell you to go home. They also do things out of order all to try to headgame you. Frake clerk had on two glasses one for vision another for protection, a plastic face shield, a nose mask, and sitting behind a plexiglass counter and she keeps reminding you to keep your face mask on. And she is not even born here in the US but full of airs fraquerry.

They should close this miserable place down and reopen Rhode Island because at least there are more shops or eateries in the vicinity. This place has nothing safe nearby and they make you stand outside in line for hours if you are too early. Nobody deserves this kind noshremeny to pay for.

My recommendation is they get reborn to do their job that they relish so much for the next three centuries, and stand in line outside to practice waiting in line for DMV services for five centuries. And infinatum to smell proof they love their job

easternmotors

Hi there, We are so sorry about this! As an Easterns customer, please know that we take your concerns very seriously.

It has been always been our intention to provide our customers with nothing but excellent service and quality vehicles. Please contact our Customer Care Team so we can get to the bottom of this: E-mail: customercare@easterns.com / Phone: (877)-927-5004

Cynthia J Eiw
map-marker Alexandria, Virginia

My experience first at this Dealership Eastern Motors in Alexandria Va off Pickett Street

Good Afternoon,

My name is Cynthia Jenkins. Several months ago I came to Eastern Motors to try and get a car or at least let me know what I could do to get a vehicle there.

The sales person that I had was very nice. But, his sales manager was very nasty to me. He bluntly said if you don't have 4000 there is nothing this dealership could do for me. He was not nice about at all.

He was a Asian gentleman that set at the top desk with the rest of the managers. I've had a great experience back in 2007, when I went to the Eastern Motors in Arlingtion Va off Glebe road. They were so nice to me a personal. They never made me feel if I didn't belong at their dealership like the one in Alexandria did right off Pickett Street.

I felt that I should have not been treated that way. I know that my credit wasn't up to part, but that was no reason to treat me that way and in front of everyone that worked there.

I know next time when I want to do business with Eastern motors I know not to go there. Sincerely, Cynthia Jenkins

easternmotors

Hello Cynthia, We want to apologize for anything that may have caused you to feel this way. We would love to address your concerns regarding your visit.

Please contact our Customer Care Team to see if there is anything we can do to better assist you in moving forward. E-mail: customercare@easterns.com / Phone: (877)-927-5004

Tavon Wyc

Review

I have two different reviews and two different experiences. My first experience went really well! Both the manager and salesman was super gracious and nice. Although the car I brought turned out to be complete trash! Not of the fault of easterns but that of the manufacturer of the vehicle. These two went above and beyond to make the sale and to make me happy at the moment. Second review was as of recent! Christian T. Was exceptional and phenomenal with his customer service skills! I truly appreciate everything he did and went through for me! If you go easterns in hyattsville make sure Christian is the one who helps you!
Pros:
  • Salesman was very pleasent to work with
  • Customer services sell person
  • Courteous
Good customer service
Jill Zgt

Dont buy a car here!

Updated by user Sep 18, 2019

My monetary loss is 18 thousand not $19 dollars. $4000 DOWN PAYMENT 6 MONTHS PAYMENTS AND THE LOAN TOTAL

Original review Sep 18, 2019
I bought a car here in February 2019. I bought it from the Millersville Maryland location. The car only had 36k miles. By August I took it in for a check engine light and the car was sludge oil they engine was about to seize. They took my car from Buick saying the are putting a rebuilt in. Told me ti pick up my car and had no documentation. Made me take my car while I was inside talking removed the tags off the loaner so I I couldnt leave. They wanted me to sign a Good will paper relieving liablity without any documentation. These people are scam artists. They sell you cars from auctions tjeu know are messed up and pretend its bot not their responsibility. Now I have a 13k loan on a car I have no clue of the engine has been fixed and I have to sue them if they fail to provide documentation today.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Untrustworthy
  • False advertisement
  • Con artists
Not as described/ advertised

Preferred solution: Full refund

Thanks but no thanks

Was SERIOUSLY considering coming to an EM this weekend. SO glad i read these reviews first. Me and my hard earned, cold, hard cash will be going elsewhere! Thank you to all who posted their reviews. You quite literally saved me.
Cons:
  • Being misled
  • Con artists
Guest

I was going to purchase a vehicle at Eastern Motors for my daughter, who is starting college in September. But, after all these Horrible reviews, I will go elsewhere.

Thank you to all who posted comments, this firm should be run out of business. Daniel

Guest

So many negative reviews...doesn't sound like a good place yo do business. Had planned to purchase a car this weekend, but thanks for the info..will definitely think this over.

Nikita K Ygr

Lies , Lies & Waste of time

Filled out finance app. Marcus Pearson reached out to me , he is supposedly at the Easterns Headquarters in VA.

He told me he received the info from me and my co-signer , told me that i am able to trade out of my 2017 into my car of choice even with the trade in value and pay off balance. Told me verbatimly he knew where me and my co-signer stood as far as financial credit , told me a folder has been created and sent to easterns in millersville with our info and that all they had to do was give an estimate on the value of my car and work the numbers out and I would be good to go. Of course I got there , these people had no idea who I was or what I was there for. Didn’t even know I was coming .

The car that I originally wanted , I was told earlier that it would be transported to the millersville location , come to find out the car was in the process of being sold , and I didn’t find that out until after I got there. I called Marcus Pearson back asking for an explanation all he could do was offer an apology and say “we’ll get you squared away. I find another car of my liking they start the process and boom , another blow! “Isa came and told me “we don’t have your co-signers info” and I’m like but Marcus Pearson said everything was already there ready waiting on me.

Long story short nothing could be worked out , Marcus Never explained to them my situation which is why they didn’t know how to help me.

I filled out for Carmax , and Carnac had everything laid out was able to tell me who financed me , what the down payment was, told me my best options without me even stepping foot on the premesis . I will not be getting my car from easterns of course I’m going to Carmax .

easternmotors

Hello, We are so sorry about this! As an Easterns customer, please know that we take your concerns very seriously.

Guest

Thank you so much , This same Marcus Person reached out to me as well. I will be going to Carmax

View more comments (1)

Liars who take advantage of single woman

AMIR and Robert were so helpful at first. My husband passed and I had never bought a car. When the car arrived, Robert told me the tires were low and needed air. They also made sure I didn't leave without leaving them a Stellar review for there efforts . The two front tires go from 50 PSI to 23 daily sometimes twice a day. I called Amir who assured me that ONLY after my down payment of 1,000.00 cleared could he help me. The warranty I signed says " Effective the day I bought it" it has been 3 weeks and my warranty is still not activated and I am being ignored by everyone who answers the phone. Especially AMIR.. two faced Liars who obviously have some sort of scam going on with warranties. Do not trust Amir... at all.
easternmotors

Hello, We want to apologize for anything that may have caused you to feel this way. We would love to address your concerns regarding your visit.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article